Upcoming Holiday Information for 2019
The Season of Advent is
Sunday December 1 through Tuesday December 24
• Operation Christmas Child collection will begin Sunday, October 27 and will end Sunday, November 24. Boxes will be delivered to the distribution center on Sunday, November 24.
• Youth Friendsgiving will take place on Sunday, November 24 from 5:00 – 6:30 p.m.
• Thanksgiving food baskets will be packed on Thursday, November 21, for delivery on November 22. Please provide non-perishable food items to be included in the boxes. Monetary donations are needed to purchase perishable items that will be added and delivered to the less fortunate.
• Angel Un-Trim-A-Tree effort will begin on Sunday, November 24. All gifts are due back to the church by Sunday, December 15.
• Christmas tributes and memorials begin Sunday, November 24. All donations must be received by the church office by Monday, December 9. All monetary donations in memory or in honor of a loved one will go towards the purchase of shelving and new books for the Library.
• White Christmas will be on Sunday, December 1, during the worship service. Please bring a canned or boxed food wrapped in white paper for our church pantry ministry. Monetary donations are also needed for the purchase of perishable items.
• Hanging of the Greens will take place on Saturday, December 7, from 1:00 – 3:00p.m. Come join us to decorate the sanctuary and learn about the use of greenery at Christmas. Refreshments and games will follow. All are encouraged to attend.
• Youth Christmas Party will be on Saturday, December 7.
• Town of Haymarket Tree Lighting is on Saturday, December 7, from 3:00 to 6:00p.m. The HBCPK Cub Choir will perform.
• Christmas Cantata will be performed on Sunday, December 8, by the Haymarket Baptist Church Choir during the morning worship service. A reception will follow.
• Decorating the Chrismon Tree will take place on Saturday, December 14, from 1:00-3:00 p.m. Come join us to learn about the symbols represented by the Chrismons and help to place them on the tree. Refreshments and games will follow the decorating. All are encouraged to attend.
• HBCPK Christmas Programs will be on December 16 and 17.
• The Living Nativity will be held on Wednesday, December 18, at 6:00 p.m. There will be a petting zoo featuring the camel and the other nativity animals beginning at 5:00 p.m.
• Christmas Caroling will take place on December 21, at 6:00 p.m.
• Christmas Eve Candlelight and Communion service will be on Tuesday, December 24, 2019
Please update your calendar and join your church family to enjoy all these opportunities to celebrate the season.